Equal Opportunity Policy
Gerard Daniels is an international Executive Search and Board Consulting business. We seek and place exceptional individuals who contribute to the performance of their new employers’ businesses while complementing the corporate culture and vision. Our Recruitment methodology is dedicated to identifying and placing individuals with appropriate skills, experience, education and other job-related requirements of the positions for which we recruit. We do not discriminate or permit harassment on any grounds that are unlawful.
Gerard Daniels adheres to privacy best practice and relevant privacy laws in the territories in which we operate. We source information on and from individuals for the purpose of executive search and recruitment and business development. We recognise that the confidentiality of personal information is fundamentally important to individuals. We believe successful business relationships are founded on trust, mutual respect and openness, clear disclosure about the kind of information we gather, how we manage this information and our processes for safeguarding its privacy. This document outlines our practices and procedures regarding the collection, use, storage and disclosure of your personal information.
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information or opinion (whether true or not) about you, regardless of its source. It may range from the sensitive (e.g. medical history or condition) to the everyday (e.g. address and phone number)and may or may not be recorded. It includes the opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), your work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information obtained by us in connection with your possible work placements.
What is sensitive information?
Gerard Daniels collects and discloses sensitive information only where it is directly related to search and recruitment assignments. Excepting a case of legal compliance, we will only collect sensitive information with your consent.
Purposes for which we hold personal information
We primarily hold personal information for the following purposes:
- Executive search and recruitment
- Client and business relationship management
- Client and candidate marketing
Where your information is stored
Your information will be stored on our database which is currently hosted in the Asia Pacific Region. We observe best practice security measures to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, improper alteration or unauthorised disclosure. Gerard Daniels may re-locate this database without sending you prior notice.
How your information will be collected
Gerard Daniels collects personal information directly from you when you create a profile, send a CV or apply for a career opportunity through Gerard Daniels’ website.
Personal information will also be collected when:
- We proactively search for suitable candidates in connection with recruitment opportunities
- We proactively search for information to assist in managing client and business relationships
- We receive any reference about you
- We receive results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body
- We receive the results of any competency or medical tests
- We receive performance feedback (whether positive or negative)
- We receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace
- We receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are or were involved
- We receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved
- You provide us with any additional information about yourself
If you do not provide us with the information we request, we may not be able to use your information in connection with our executive search and recruitment functions or to fulfil another applicable purpose of collection.
How your information will be used
Your personal and sensitive information will be used for the primary purpose of facilitating search and recruitment assignments. This may involve use of the information:
- To match you to career opportunities offered through our global database or an executive search assignment and to contact you regarding suitable opportunities
- To solicit information regarding candidates: We contact individuals to solicit names of, or other information about, potential candidates in connection with a recruitment assignment we are conducting
- To update your profile in our database: We may contact you from time to time and invite you to review and update your information to ensure that it is accurate, complete and current
- In responding to inquiries: When you contact us by email, we retain a record or your contact information and the subject of your correspondence
- For your performance appraisals
- In the assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects
- For any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo
- In our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved
Your personal information may be disclosed under the following circumstances:
- We share personal information with potential and actual employers, referees and clients of Gerard Daniels:
We generally provide candidate personal information to prospective employers only where the candidate has requested or otherwise consented that we do so. However, where we are engaged to conduct confidential searches for management and senior executive positions, candidates’ information (such as name and publicly available career details), may be provided to the client without a candidate’s prior request or knowledge.
- Service providers:
Gerard Daniels works with third parties who provide services that may include, but are not limited to, assessment services, website hosting and software testing and upgrades. All such third parties will be expected to abide by appropriate confidentiality agreements.
- Our insurers:
In relation to any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information
Your personal information may be disclosed to any person, in the territories in which we operate, with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information. These include, but are not limited to, a Workers’ Compensation body, a professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information. Your personal information may also be disclosed for use by an enforcement body, for a purpose such as the prevention of a crime or serious misconduct.
- Business transfers:
Gerard Daniels reserves the right to transfer, without your further consent, any and all information that we collect, to a third party in connection with a strategic alliance with such third party, or in the event of a sale of our company or one of our affiliates, a merger or consolidation involving Gerard Daniels or one of its affiliates, or a sale or transfer of assets or of any portion of our business or the business of one or more of our affiliates.
- Civil obligations:
Gerard Daniels may lawfully disclose your personal information where it is necessary to prevent a threat to public health and safety or the safety of an individual, or in the course of investigating or reporting any suspected unlawful activity.
While Gerard Daniels chooses to conduct executive search and recruitment assignments for organisations with appropriate privacy provisions, we take no responsibility for the actions or omissions of third parties, including the manner in which they use information received from Gerard Daniels.
You can gain access to your information
Subject to some exceptions you have a right to see and have a copy of personal and sensitive information about you that we hold.
Where you are able to establish that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it so that it is accurate, complete and current.
If we are unable to agree that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and current, you may ask us to attach to the information a statement by you claiming that particular information is not accurate, complete and current.
If you wish to exercise your rights of access and correction please contact our Privacy Manager whose details are shown below.
In some cases we may impose a moderate charge for providing access to personal or sensitive information. We will not charge you simply because you lodge a request for access.
For enquiries please contact Gerard Daniels Corporate Services.